CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 14, 2008

White Elephants and Prime Rib



I apologize, I jinxed us all! Well, all of us who live in the Salt Lake and Utah Valleys at least. When planning our first annual Christmas dinner party I wrote on the invite that it was a party to celebrate the lack of snow. So naturally Mother Nature thought she'd be funny and drop the first big pile of winter the day of. Haha! : ( But regardless of the nasty weather, we still had a wonderful Chirstmas dinner party last night and I'm so relieved that everything finally came together! (and only 20 minutes after originally scheduled too!)



Our original guest list included friends from all over but our ending turn out was almost all friends from high school. Which was just fine and lots of fun! It was good to catch up with several people I haven't seen in ages and reminisce a little on our "glory days" when life was no work and all fun. (If only I'd realized then how easy I had it.)



For dinner Rodney talked me into prime rib. I'm still not sure how, one minute I was talking about roast and the next we were ordering rib... guess I must still be a bit twitter-patted or have pregnant brain damage! I'd never tried it before and was seriously apprehensive about eating red meat, but it was actually really delicious! Not as wonderful as many make it out to be, and certainly not the "king of meats" as the man at Snider Bros tried to tell me, but tasty enough to eat happily! Red and all! And in return I got spoiled and Rodney made twice baked potatoes to go with. My favorite!!



Personally I think the best part of the night was the white elephant gift exchange. The only really useful good gift was a box of chocolates. Which ended up going home with Rob... the only person in the room who hates chocolate! I thought it was pretty priceless! Other gifts included half eaten sugar cubes, tacky sugar decors, pencils and a lynnix program, a cheap date pack and etc. All in all it was a lot of fun and hopefully I'll be able to talk Rodney into making it an annual ordeal. I've got a year... I think I can pull it off!


A few weeks ago I got an early Christmas present. Rodney has been working on a kitchen table for us and it got finished just in time for Christmas. I put a picture up on my list of things from this year but I thought I'd post a couple more to show off my handsome hubby's talent...

3 comments:

Colin

i want to come play. really i just want the prime rib, but i like you too.

Jennifer

Oh my gosh, who gave the linux program??? HAHA they are my new best friend!!!!! I wish I could have been there!!

lovely laurie

Bethany looks like she is having SO much fun! How'd you get her to be so happy? Must have been the amazing food....