CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Who Woulda Thought?


There is one thing in life that I have always said I do not have the ability to do, ok actually there are several, but one of the big ones is be artsy-craftsy. I just have never possessed that knack for looking at plain stuff and making it into cute stuff like my mom and the majority of women I know. But, dun da da dum, I did it! Truth be told I'm technically working on it, but it's coming along!! My mom is teaching me and Rodney is teaching me and I even tried some stuff on my own! (gasp!) Personally, I'm just so stinkin' proud of me that I just have to tell everybody, hence the blog! So here's what I've got so far...


Rodney took me on a date to "Color Me Mine" and this is what I made. Came up with the idea and the colors and everything all by myself!


Ok so my mom actually made the box part and covered it with cute paper and stuff (cause she's still WAY ahead of me in this game) but I did have the idea to stamp the letters on the side so I'm claiming partial credit.


Aren't these soo cool! I did that! Rodney taught me how to etch glass and I made these two plates. You can't really see so well in the pictures (if you leave the flash on it makes a glare but without it it's really hard to see. Apparently I'll have to take up photography next and figure all that out) but one is a lady with her dog reaching out to grab a star with the moon in the background (i did that one first) and the other is two jaguars and a flower. Next I'll learn how to use his etching drill, but I'm not quite brave enough for that one yet...


So we got these shadow boxes for our wedding and I have been trying to think of something to put in them every sense. Like seriously asking everyone what they thought and no one could give me any perfect ideas. Until Macall, Miranda, Mollie and Me went to Michaels the other day and they helped me find the perfect solution. Macall being the most help and Mollie and Miranda being the entertainment to keep spirits high. It can be frustrating trying to get ideas! You can't read them so great in the pictures but one jar says "hope is a waking dream" and the other says "dare to dream"
This is our table, I converted it into a craft table... I totally understand my mom's need for an entire room for her stuff now! Well, at least beginning to... Any who I also ground wheat to make my own healthy flour to make my own healthy bread. (we're trying this whole "be healthy" thing) I'm also doing some wood projects with my mom and some of her friends and they are super cute but my mom ran off to Cali and I have no idea where they are right now so I couldn't get a picture. I'll have to add one later.


We got this in the mail the other day, and thought it was pretty awesome! (and just a little bit funny!) This is one of Rodney's mission comps. The paper clip do-dad is the exact same as ours as is the ribbon (which means some other suckers had to tie hundreds of those things too!). Basically the biggest difference from ours is that the paper behind is green instead of brown. At least we know somebody liked our idea!

2 comments:

lovely laurie

I am so proud of you. You did a good job on all your projects! Do you want to learn to sew? Or quilt? How about painting? Oh, oh, or my latest--digital scrapbooking?!!!

Unknown

You are just so.....crafty....I love it.