CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Moving On, Hopefully


April 27th 2008 was when this whole nightmarish episode started and here it is June first and I am temptingly close but not quite all better. Goodness! So in my last post I was going back to work and life was all better again... or so I thought! Then we went into the ENT to see if I needed my tonsils out (ok, ok, Rodney and the doctor both knew I had to get them out, but I was clinging to some kind of hope that they'd taken care of themselves.) and, after having a camera shoved up my nose, found out that not only did I need my tonsils out but pretty much everything else in my head had to go too. (Rodney would like me to clarify that they did in fact leave my brain. Phew!) Well I went in for surgery the 23rd and spent the last week in bed feeling.... well, like someone played with knives in my face. But I'm almost better now and life is looking up! I'm able to talk some now and eat more mushy foods and should be able to go back to work, permanently this time, on Thursday.

I must say, I do have the best family and friends around. I don't think there was a single day after my surgery that I didn't have a friend come by to see how I was doing and make sure I didn't need anything. (although no one seemed to have the magic "cure all" pill I so desperately wanted) Katie and Lissy Lyn even came and stayed with me all day while Rodney was a work during the week. Signing so I didn't have to write everything out, which was a major blessing! And Rodney has been my knight in shining armor/Hercules hero through it all. He stayed with me night and day over memorial weekend and then rushed home from work every day since to be with me. Always making sure I had plenty of water, hugs, and applesauce to keep me going. : ) What more could a girl possibly ask for?

As for my birthday, sorry Gay, I didn't get around to taking any pictures of my cute apartment. Mostly because at this point it looks more like a rehabilitation center than a cute apartment. But as soon as I'm able I'll get it all cleaned up and post pictures for everyone to see! But my birthday was the best it could be all things considered! My mother in law came to visit me and my mom made me Alfredo spaghetti for dinner so I actually got to eat. Everyone has just been so wonderful to me. I can't help but be reminded of all the wonderful people God has blessed me with. I know that all trials are for our good, and lately I've been doing a lot of thinking as to what good this has done me and maybe that's it. To help me realize how much I have and how many people who love me I've been blessed with. (If only I'd been able to truly appreciate them all without so much pain involved. But I've never been one for learning the easy way) Anyway, I just want to let everyone know how much I love and appreciate all they are for me in my life. Regardless of if I get to see you daily, weekly, or only every year or so I'm grateful that I get to have you in my life!

Yesterday was Miranda's baptism, and luckily I was able to go! First of all, I can't believe she's 8 already! Only one more baptism in our family, wow! What are you going to do mom? All your kids are growing up! Miranda looked so happy and I was reminded of my own baptism, as I always am at others'. We lived in Chicago then and I remember inviting the world to come. I didn't realize back then that most of my friends weren't LDS and didn't have a clue what a baptism was, or at least why it was taking place when I was so old. I was just so excited about it that I thought everyone should be there! Looking back on that experience now, I realize that I should be more like that now. Celebrating the gospel with everyone we meet, not just those we think will understand already. Well, that's pretty much all I have to say for today. Hopefully my next post will be full of health and outdoor summertime adventures!

3 comments:

SladeMomma

What? The last pictures looks like you got the strawberry blonde cut off - tell me it isn't so!

So sorry to hear that you have been ailing, even to have to have surgery. I didn't know. Rodney is having to prove himself and his true love early. Has he passed?

I love you and still want to see those pictures of your cute apartment.

Laralyn

Oh goodness no! Don't worry, my hair is just back in a rubber band and some of my shorter layers are poking out! I could never cut my hair that short. (I don't think Rodney would ever let me!)He has passed the test with flying colors, but then I knew he would! : )

WaynenRissnKids

Oh Laralyn, what a yuck time you have been having. I'm sorry to hear about all your ailments. I sure hope you get fully better soon.